XO power management

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Mar 24 10:18:39 EDT 2011

On 03/24/2011 09:53 AM, Ismael Schinca wrote:
> OK. Just read this email.
> So the plan would be:
> - Start from a fully charged battery, run the olpc-pwr-log script until
> poweroff.
> - Remove battery, plug XO, run script and insert battery until fully
> charged.

Yes.  Or the other way around if you have an empty battery.  Start
discharged, charge, then discharge.  But only do it that way if the
battery is very low.

> If you would prefer a different test please let me know.

Nope thats it.  I'd like the serial number for each battery as well.  Do
you have a hand held USB barcode scanner?  If so then you can use it to
quickly read the battery serial number.  I find them very useful when
dealing with a large number of batteries.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child