XO power management

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Mar 24 09:31:04 EDT 2011

On 03/24/2011 09:15 AM, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> Whats the serial number of your battery? You may also want to run a
> olpc-pwr-log run with that battery so you can determine what the actual
> capacity of the battery is.

Even better you are in a position to help me figure out how best to deal
with this.    Adding a full blown calibration procedure is perhaps
possible but its tricky to do automatically.  A possible 1st step could
be the addition of a manual value that let you adjust the maximum mAh.
Then you could run a manual calibration procedure and update the value.

You say you have many of these batteries?  Would you be able to run
olpc-pwr-log on each one of them?

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child