Emulating the XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 09:53:28 EDT 2011

Sridhar,

for a local training, I once looked at the SoaS build tools, tweak the
config a bit, and built a SoaS that matched very very closely what
OLPC ships.

Search the soas list for my posts around 1 year ago. I published my
configs. You should be able to do the same (grab the newer Sugar 0.84
rpms, and the newer activities!)

For development... it's better to have access to a real XO. VMs never
give you the same performance profile as the real hw.

cheers,