Emulating the XO

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Tue Mar 15 06:09:30 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Sridhar Dhanapalan's message of Tue Mar 15 05:31:30 +0100 2011:

> What would it take to get the current OLPC OS working on a standard
> computer, e.g. using VirtualBox?

I've been working on this a few weeks ago, but got stuck with a segfault
in the initramfs, somewhere around the pivot_root() call IIRC. A regular
F14 install works fine on the same machine (and with the same KVM
parameters), so I have no idea what's going on.

If anyone is interested, I can clean up the patch series a bit more and
publish both the upstreamable parts (a few changes to sd_card_image) and
the WIP patch for booting a regular Fedora kernel using grub.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/