[OLPC-AU] XO-1 developer key does not work

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Mar 12 02:16:46 EST 2011

> why am I getting different readings for each method?

My guess is that file /home/.devkey.html was copied in from some other
system, and shows the serial number and UUID of the copied-from system.

And there is a mis-match between the bottom cover and the motherboard.
Since the boot process does NOT look at the label in the battery
compartment, the number there does not affect what happens at boot.

I myself would trust the collection key values.

mikus

p.s.  When you get file develop.sig (1260 bytes), take a look at the
serial number therein (1st record, 2nd token).  It should match the
serial number printed out by OFW when you boot with the check-button
pressed -- if they don't match, that develop.sig will not be recognized.