Memory replacement

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Mar 10 19:07:01 EST 2011

On 10 March 2011 05:51, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
> kevin wrote:
>  > and having my anti-static wrist guard properly attached - advice please: go,
>  > no-go, spend the extra pennies and get a Class 4/6/8/10.  All I know for
>  > sure is the 2GiB card in there has to be replaced.  There are progressively
>
> if you're using the machine a lot, and you have the pennies, the difference
> a faster card makes will be noticeable.

I assume that this is just for personal use and not for deployment. A
few months ago I enquired about the possibility of getting Class 6
cards in our deployment XOs, and was informed that none of the Class 6
cards tested could pass reliability tests. That sort of thing becomes
critical if you want the XO to last for five years in the field.

Sridhar