[ANNOUNCE] XOpup-2.1

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 03:59:21 EST 2011

XOpup-2.1, puppy linux for the XO-1 and XO-1.5 is released
It includes on the latest 2.6.35 kernel and chrome driver from the OLPC git.
Thanks to the replacement of wxCam with Guvcview, that works much better, is now only 88MB.
It also includes a first attempt of a Spanish language pack.
See the full announcement here: http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/XOpup/Announce_XOpup-2.1.html
and changes from XOpup-2.0 here: http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/XOpup/Docs/changelog.html#2.1

On a related note, we would really like to port Sugar to Puppylinux, but the list of dependencies is really huge (with puppy standards).
Did anyone tried to see what is the minimal set of dependencies, compile statically, trimmed library features to the minimum required, etc?
I can understand that this may not be the appropriate practice, but I was wondering if there are any behind the scenes attempts, just for kicks ;)