XO-1.1 differences

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Mar 9 23:20:01 EST 2011

sridhar wrote:
 > A year ago, we deployed about 200 XO-1.1 machines in a community. I'm
 > not sure if that version number is official, but it's what we call
 > XO-1s with XO-1.5 style capacitive trackpads.

i'm afraid we just know them as CL1 (old trackpad) and CL1A (new
trackpad) machines (because that's what the manufacturer calls them
when they're built).  there's no casual designator of the sort you've
coined.  (for the record, the XO-1.5 is CL1B, and the XO-1.5 HS model
with the clickety keyboard is CL1C.)

 > I am going to that community in a couple of weeks to upgrade them to
 > the latest OS build. I only have the standard XO-1s available to me
 > for testing. Is there anything peculiar that I need to know about the
 > XO-1.1s that will affect development and testing?

i don't believe so, but it would be foolish of me to not suggest that
you should really test on the machine you'll be deploying on.  :-)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org