[OLPC-AU] Determining developer lock status

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Mar 10 02:13:04 EST 2011

On 10 March 2011 15:22, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 03:06:10PM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>> I forgot to mention another thing - this is for XO-1.1s (XO-1s with an
>> XO-1.5 style trackpad).
>
> We don't use the term XO-1.1, sorry.  Please don't introduce it.

Noted.

I'm still awaiting feedback from the school (getting information out
of remote schools is often hard). I'm trying to ascertain whether
their CL1As are developer locked. We want to install our own build,
along with deployment keys and firmware, via USB through an olpc.fth
script.

I was out there a year ago to assist in the initial deployment, but at
the time I was quite green and so didn't know what to look for. I do
remember that we used NANDblaster clone an installation from one of
our own CL1 XO-1s to the school's CL1As (turning each on while holding
the four game keys). Would that be an indication that they are not
locked?

Thanks,
Sridhar