[OLPC-AU] Determining developer lock status

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 9 23:22:56 EST 2011

See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ok for my standard answer.

> I forgot to mention another thing - this is for XO-1.1s (XO-1s with an
> XO-1.5 style trackpad).

We don't use the term XO-1.1, sorry.  Please don't introduce it.

The expert method (holding down the escape key while turning on the
laptop) works fine for me when I test with this type of laptop, on
Q2E45.  The expert method won't work in some cases though because it
conflicts with the data stream between the firmware and the keyboard
during the critical discovery phase.

With Q2E45, a USB keyboard can also be used to obtain the Ok prompt,
but it takes an extra moment after the startup sound begins.

You might also attempt to boot from USB.  If it does not boot an
unsigned image, then it is probably secure.

You might also check the manufacturing tags using the Terminal activity,
but you did ask for simplest, and you didn't say anything initially
about your hit-and-miss experience.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/