[support-gang] [Server-devel] Hidden SSID and Proxy settings

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 2 21:05:59 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 08:54:37PM -0500, Dr. Gerald Ardito wrote:
> I have tried the instructions on the wiki at:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Connectivity#SSID_Network_Name
> But these instructions do not seem to work. After making the changes,
> nothing shows up in the Neighborhood view.

Let's diagnose that step a bit further, shall we?

When using this workaround, nothing should show up in the Neighbourhood
View, unless there are other XOs on the same network.  If there are no
other XOs on the same network, then nothing should show up.  Instead,
test using Browse.

The page didn't explain it properly, so I've updated

Have you yet tried Jon's suggestion of nmcli?  He pointed you at

James Cameron