[Server-devel] Hidden SSID and Proxy settings

Dr. Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:54:37 EST 2011

Hello again,

I am just getting back to this.

I have tried the instructions on the wiki at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Connectivity#SSID_Network_Name

But these instructions do not seem to work. After making the changes,
nothing shows up in the Neighborhood view.

I had success starting in Gnome, then connecting to the hidden network. And
this kept when I switched back to Sugar.
But, when I restarted, the hidden network was still hidden, and I had to do
this again.

Is there anyway to make this change permanent?

What can I do? Again, we are running the laptops on version 10.1.3.

Many thanks.
Gerald