11.2.0 release candidate 1 (build 870) released

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:25:36 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're pleased to announce our first release candidate of our new
> 11.2.0 software release.
>
> Information and installation instructions can be found here:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/11.2.0
>
> Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
> to USB disks:
> http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/870/
> http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/870/
>
> This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
> even those with security enabled.
>
> We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
> Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
> received throughout development.
>
> Our scheduled release date is July 18th.
>

> For those who have been following the development releases, here are
> the changes since the last development build (23):
>
> XO-1 has switched back from ubifs to jffs2 for this release. This is
> due to the disk utilisation increase caused by ubifs and the switch to
> partitions, which was also going to increase further due to the
> signing process. Additionally, we have recent and unsolved reports
> that ubifs cannot boot on some XOs. We will make ubifs migration a
> priority for the next development cycle.
>
> Initramfs tweaks were made to fix activation.
>
> XO-1.5 firmware was upgraded to support the latest XO-1.5 motherboard revisions.
>
> We still have an occasional wifi card hang which can bring down the
> whole system (hard to reproduce). A fix was made in the kernel that
> might have solved this.
>
> Do not run this image on an XO-1.5 laptop that is using an old XO-1
> "ALPS" keyboard (this generally happens when you have upgraded the
> motherboard on an old XO-1 laptop). The keyboard won't work correctly.
> Will be fixed for next release candidate.
>
> Fixed issues:
> #10779 Back/forward buttons do not reliably appear in Browse
> #10956 Cursor moves to beginning while trying to edit activity instance name
> #10631 Remove keyboard settings dialog
> #11002 New gtk deps triggers float errors during eclipse for Moon :(
> #10673 Disable Sugar debug logs
> #10941 Clock, Abacus, HelloWorld, Fototoon not favorite

I released v20 of Abacus to address #2933 reported by the testing team.

http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/Abacus/Abacus-20.tar.bz2

Also, you may want to consider updating to v110 of Turtle Art, as it
has quite a few bug fixes since v107, which is current packaged with
the release.

http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/fructose/TurtleArt/TurtleArt-110.tar.bz2

regards.

-walter