11.2.0 development build 23 released

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:56:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
> <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> On 15 June 2011 21:43, Christoph Derndorfer
> > The only tiny thing I hadn't noticed before is that both the Browse PDF
> > plugin and Read display a "Loading..." note in the top-right corner of
> the
> > screen. Is there a way to translate that into Spanish for the final
> release?
> > (I didn't find a read.po file on
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/es/honey/).
>
> Read (and Browse)  are cnsidered "core" enough that they are in
> Fructose, not Honey.

*bites on tongue to avoid another rant about unclear chemistry inspired
naming*

> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/es/fructose/
>
> Look for read-activity.po and web-activity.po

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/es/fructose/read-activity.po

Oddly enough the "loading" string doesn't appear there. Then again it's not
part of the Sugar interface, more like an overlay so I guess I'll have to
look elsewhere for it.

> > Oh, and what's the point of the HelloWorld activity? :-)
>
> As I understand it, it serves the same purpose of any other HelloWorld
> program, a simple example to start people (children) looking at the
> code that makes words appear on the screen.  It may alos be that it is
> available via Pippy for modification.

Hehe, that was also my first thought but it doesn't seem to be the case.

And if it's intended as a traditional first example for children then it
would be good to add some explanatory comments to the source-code because at
the moment it seems to be overwhelming as an first-encounter experience.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews