XO-1 touchpad once more [Devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 02:28:54 EDT 2011

--- On Tue, 6/14/11, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: XO-1 touchpad once more [Devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28]
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: devel at lists.laptop.org
> Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 6:01 PM
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:35:52AM
> -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> > I do not know why you say "we certainly seem to have
> reduced the
> > frequency of the problem overall" but here is some
> numbers to compare.
>
> The overall frequency of reports of the problem.  Not
> the frequency on
> your laptop.
>
> But that could also represent a smaller community.

Or people just gave up on expecting a fix on this well known and publicized problem and use an external mouse.
However, I do not think that "is not a big issue" if newer builds indeed make it worse.

On that matter, I was thinking that the kbdshim debug option could provide touchpad use data and compare it to jumping events.
Anyway to quantify touchpad use and behaivor in F9 builds?