11.2.0 development build 22 released

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 00:20:57 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:35 PM,  <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks Chris
> Its a helpful resource
> Still a big learning curve though for the non technical
> Still getting my head round localization
>
> Maybe even better, could it give an example of one string, tracked from Pootle through to build, giving url's and filenames and maybe listing who did what and when to trigger its migration?

Tony,

At some point I may develop a "life-cycle" of a localized string
explanation for the wiki, but at the moment I am fairly fully engaged
with wrangling L10n teams to complete their work and commit it in time
for the 11.2.0 release, working with sysadmin types like Rafael and
Gonzalo to iron out some kinks behind-the-scenes in our Pootle
instance, as well as conducting a thorough QA of newly hosted PO files
from upstream projects (GNASH and AbiWord) and downstream projects
(WavePlace) while tracking the GNOME upstream of key packages in a
large number of languages.

In the interim, I can point you at the Internationalization /
Localization chapter of James Simmon's fine FLOSSManual bpublication
for more information.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/make-your-own-sugar-activities/ch013_going-international-with-pootle/

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have,
although it might be best to do that on the Localization list.  I'm
afraid that generating more detailed documentation of the arcana of
i18n / L10n will have to wait until I have a few more spare cycles
then the present time.

Regards,

cjl