XO-1 touchpad once more

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:28:03 EDT 2011

On 13 Jun 2011, at 20:36, Yioryos Asprobounitis <mavrothal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I came across a forum post [1] (last sentence) that remind it me once more the  ALPS XO-1 touchpad issue.
> In all the post os802 builds, OLPC 10.1.x, Dextrose 2x and OLPC 11.2.0, the problem is *considerably* worse eg much more often and persistent than in F9 builds.
>
> The fact that the touchpad was jumpy before, may result in labeling this "not a regression". But is clearly NOT the case.
> With post F9 builds is really hard to use first generation XO-1s without a mouse.
> Before was bad, now is close to intolerable.

Just wanted to chime in that I've been switching between 802 and os19/os21 while testing/debugging some of the activities I maintain on XO-1 hardware. The trackpad reliability does seem to have taken a step or two back from where we were with 802 (more frequently grinds to near stationary, and more frequently decides to drift when no fingers are near the trackpad). Sorry, no hard numbers. I wouldn't go as far as to say it is close to intolerable, but it is more frustrating than before.

I did wonder if it could be due to the debugging level for these test builds? Lots more getting written to the logs. Not sure how to change logging level these days, is it now hidden in gconf somewhere?

Regards,
--Gary