11.2.0 development build 22 released

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jun 12 20:36:34 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 01:05:06AM +0200, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> Using os22 on an XO-1.5HS I keep running into an odd issue whereby at some
> point almost all of the function keys (views, Journal, frame, volume, NOT
> brightness) stop working after the machine comes out of suspend. This has
> happened three times over the course of the day.

Yes, I've seen that, but haven't been able to isolate it further.  I
suspect it is SD card access delay, where slow writes are queued before
the reads that are needed to respond to the keys.  The requested
function is eventually done within a minute.

You might force it to occur by doing a lot of web browsing then allowing
the system to suspend.  Therefore on resume it is less likely that the
relevant code is in memory.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/