[Techteam] New F14-arm build os31

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:54:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hey, no so bad :)
> The good news first:
> The following activities starts and works:
> TurtleArt, Speak, TypingTurtle, Labyrinth, Memorize,Browse, Log, Words,
> Help, Chat, Scratch, Distance, Finance,
> Infoslicer, Implode, Terminal, Calculate, Etoys and  ImageViewer
>
> Activities with errors:
> GetBooks: no HAL (anyway we must substitute by udev)

Hal is built for F-14. I suspect nothing else is pulling it in. What does
GetBooks use HAL for?

> TamTam*: no blobs, probably only recompile
> Puppy: starts ok and many examples work, but no the camera and no sound
> examples (I have not tested all)
> Measure: no HAL

Hal is built for F-14. I suspect nothing else is pulling it in. What does
Puppy use HAL for?

> Stopwatch: do not start and do not write anything in the log file
> Write: no abiword module

Martin has a build, should be in the next release.

> Paint: no blobs, probably only recompile
> Moon: does not start, but with a python error in the activity, must try
> update it
> Jukebox, started but did not played a ogg file
> Record: starts but only with audio
> Physics: probably no binaries in egg, we must try with package pybox2d

I've pushed a F-14 build for this, is there a reason we can't use the distro
package so as to remove the binary module from the Activity?

> Maze: do not start and do not write anything in the log file
> Read: no module webkit

webkit is a real pain and causing me problems for building. It has a huge
and complex dependency chain that's failing. I'm getting there slowly but
its not a small package by any description.