[Health] Pulse Sensor: an Open Source Heart-rate Sensor that Rocks by Yury Gitman ? Kickstarter

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jul 20 19:30:05 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 08:58:40PM -0700, Nicholas Doiron wrote:
> If you are using an Arduino, you can add a wire communicating back to
> the Measure activity through the microphone input.

Hmm, yes.  But it would depend on which Arduino.

An Arduino with onboard USB serial, it would be better to plug the USB
cable into the XO, and access the /dev/ttyACM0 device that appears, and
have the Arduino send the data to the XO over the serial connection.

An Arduino without onboard USB serial, one might either add a USB to
serial converter and do the above (at some expense), or have the Arduino
transmit an audio frequency related to the sensor input ... and then
hook that into the microphone input.

Still, I think it is a bit early to speculate given we know nothing yet
of the actual sensor to Arduino interface.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/