Re: [Health] Pulse Sensor: an Open Source Heart-rate Sensor that Rocks by Yury Gitman — Kickstarter

Sameer Verma sverma at
Wed Jul 20 00:24:54 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Nicholas Doiron <ndoiron at> wrote:
> Hey, this does look like a cool sensor for us to add.
> The sensor likely will expect 3-5V of power like the Arduino provides (so,
> USB power for us). Depending on how they've set it up, there might be some
> logic beyond just the sensor input. If you are using an Arduino, you can add
> a wire communicating back to the Measure activity through the microphone
> input.
> --
> Nick

I was thinking of keeping the parts to a minimum. All the deployments
have XOs, but may not have an Arduino. If we can get something that
plugs into the audio mic port and USB port (power) then this would be
very cool.

Tom Boonsiri was working on something similar, but I never got to see
it or plans on how to make it...