Feature requests for 11.2.0 - seeking deployment and community input

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:33:26 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:01 PM, John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com> wrote:
>> Please post any ideas here, and they'll be considered when we come to
>> plan which features we'll aim to include.
>
> Well, the obvious one is to actually implement the real idle suspend
> that happens in between keystrokes, turning off the CPU to save massive

I think one of the main things that need to happen that is indirectly
referenced on that wki page is implementing a kernel mode setting
driver.  This should help a lot with screen and cursor suspend/resume
speed and state consistency.  We are working on getting that
functionality implemented for the next release.

-Jon