advantage of full linux over android for OLPC

Arne Babenhauserheide arne_bab at web.de
Tue Jan 18 07:25:26 EST 2011

On Tuesday 18 January 2011 17:11:50 Carlos Nazareno wrote:
> > They are dev machines. There are people using them for exactly that.
> > They also support the full java stack although its probably somewhat
> > slow on the XO-1.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Yeah, I was using Processing on the XO 1.

I’ve been using an XO with Gentoo Linux as working system for more than a
year, now, and it works very well (coding, writing, reading PDFs). Since the
first thing I always did in sugar was switching to the console, I installed
just xmonad and emacs + some development stuff (for example boost and similar
which are quite huge).

If anyone is interested, I can post the update-scripts.

Best wishes,
Arne