USB Ethernet test

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 12:40:23 EST 2011

After a quick test, with the olpc 802 build and all the newer ones
(including dextrose), I saw that only on the 802 build, Network Manager
starts autoip after the dhcpclient has given up.

Researching on the web, I found this [1]. Basically autoip was causing
confusion when making the users to believe that the ethernet connection was
_always_ successful.

So I asked Dan Williams and he told me they disabled it by default (since NM
0.7.0). Apparently the only (easy) way to make this work is to create a
custom wired setting from _some_ UI...

1) http://www.mail-archive.com/networkmanager-list@gnome.org/msg04835.html

Saludos,