Require ".olpc" in rpms in ~/public_rpms/F14?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Feb 28 15:08:06 EST 2011

On 28 February 2011 19:37, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> to ensure we keep track (and limit) of what non-Fedora rpms make it to
> the builds, should the "rpm collection" step... ?
>
>  - only grab rpms that say .olpc
>  - complain about rpms that don't...

Sometimes packages are ported from future versions of Fedora without
OLPC modification, and sometimes I throw in current-Fedora packages
verbatim when the updates pushes are delayed, so I don't think we
should always require the .olpc tag (it should only be used when we
actually customise something). The yum db does track which package
came from which repo anyway. A one-off complaint would be good (an old
incarnation of the system actually sent email complaints on various
conditions IIRC) in that case though.

I do agree that it should be defined as a convention and documented,
so I just wrote it up here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/RPM_Dropbox

I also like the suggestion of requiring a SRPM but have too much to be
working on right now. So, patches accepted :) Implementation details
are on the above wiki page.

Daniel