Old bundle update method

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:20:59 EST 2011

Folks:

Back in the old days, when velociraptors roamed the Earth, and build 802
ruled the XO1 environment, there was a neat little customization that one
could put on a USB stick that enabled one to install a bunch of activities
just by booting with the customized USB stick installed.

The technique we used was to have a 'boot' directory off the root that
contained two files actos.zip, and runos.zip.  Also one would have a
directory off the root named 'bundles' which contained all of the desired
'.xo' files.  Last, there was little file in the root called
'configuration-2'.

I have copied these files over onto a stick with the 860 builds, but the
activity install does not seem to run.  Could it be that a) I need different
versions of the .zip files in the boot directory, or b) this techinique is
no longer supported on the new firmware/OS combination, or c) it doesn't
work on machines with security disabled)  Or, maybe all three.

Cheers

KG