Flash

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Feb 23 23:30:34 EST 2011

>> similar performance to flash 10.2.  [On the XO-1.5, all of these
>> > browsers display YouTube 240p clips acceptably (but still jerky).]

> With the new display drivers, youtube videos at 320p are very
> watchable.  You will get occasional glitches due to CPU constraints
> but generally quite smooth.

Sorry - I disagree.

Just went and watched the "2011 NBA All-Star Game Mini Movie" clip:
Side by side on XO (Browse-120) with driver
xorg-x11-drv-chrome-5.74.33-2.fc14.i686 and on desktop system (Firefox)
- both presenting that video clip at 360p.

On the desktop, the clip is SMOOTH and continuous.  On the XO, the clip
exhibits "video interruptions" -- more frequently than I like the images
shown "stay still" for a brief instant, then "jump" to their current
positions.  To me, the effect on the XO aggregates to UNSMOOTH.

mikus