10.1.3 image and Firmware q2e42

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:18:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> If you based your image on OLPC OS 10.1.3 then after installation the
> firmware will be automatically upgraded to Q2E45, so you should test
> with Q2E45.

Daniel -

James is right here. Just include /boot/bootfw.zip in your image
(os-builder will do the right thing if you provide the "unsigned"
bootfw rpm and follow the signing procedures).

Right after install, each boot will check if there is battery+external
power, and if those 2 conditions are met, will upgrade OFW.

About your keyboard issues -- things have changed a bit from 8.2.x to
10.1.x in how we manage the keyboard. Can you tell us what you're
trying to do (perhaps in a separate email thread), and we'll find a
good way to do it.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions