NANDblaster failing

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Feb 11 00:16:52 EST 2011

I am seeing NANDblaster (nb-secure) fail after some time (from my
tests, anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour).

The text was scrolling very fast (screenshots attached), but I think it was:

  SDHCI: Error: ISR = 8000 ESR = 3 Command CRC, Command Timeout,
  Command reg: 341a Mode reg: 0 Arg reg: 10000a00
  Recon: commands (decimal): 52 52 52 52 52 52 52 52
  Stopping

This same error seems to be repeating itself rapidly.

This is an XO-1.5 with Q3A62 firmware. The secure image I am flashing
is 10.1.3-au2-rc5.

The receiving XOs are fine until the error occurs on the sender. On
one occasion, I tried blasting to 3 XOs. The first finished properly,
and the sender continued to broadcast. The other two spat the dummy
right after the sender failed. I am thrown to the ok prompt with the
message "Page Fault".

I have added screenshots and video in our bug report:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/359

Is there any way we can manage this? It's quite urgent that we have a solution.

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia
M: +61 425 239 701