Proposal for new frozen repositories server

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Feb 7 12:23:49 EST 2011

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 at 12:29:54 +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Comments welcome. I'm looking to refine the proposal and implement it
> within the next few weeks

Dan,

If I recall correctly, the old system was designed with a couple of goals in
mind including:

   a) to help OLPC meet its GPL obligations to offer source code for the
      binaries it has distributed

   b) to lessen the risk of schedule slippage due to Fedora downtime (e.g.,
      resulting from security incidents or hardware failures),

   c) to establish other conditions necessary for build reproducibility, (like
      knowing what packages went into each build), and

   d) to lessen the risk of undetected build data corruption (at rest or in
      transit) due to Murphy

Are these still goals that you're trying to meet?

(It's a little bit hard for me to tell from your proposal.)

Regards,

Michael