Can't upgrade to os883 official from XO 1.75

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 04:52:48 EST 2011

2011/12/31 Lionel Laské <lionel at olpc-france.org>:
> AFAK, we received this unit in September.

You received a pretty "hot" and expensive prototype of an extremely
limited run, with this fast-evolving OS platform, so much fun to have
and so much to do... and you put it on a shelf for months!

You should know that those machines were available in very limited
numbers; we have turned down people requesting machines for
development -- if you're going to shelve such a hot item for long
periods... please do consider returning it to OLPC, or putting it up
for lending to an active hacker in the region.

Early prototypes, like anything good and in short supply in this life,
are both a privilege and a responsibility. Let no current prototype
collect dust...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions