[OLPC Engineering] [Techteam] New F14-arm build os21

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:23:19 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> It's a recognition that no software is bug-free, and that users
> (especially children) will always find a way to make a system
> difficult to use. For example, children often load activities without
> closing previous ones. We can educate them to not do this, but it
> still happens on occasion.

That's exactly the feedback I was looking for, thanks. That's a UI bug
in Sugar. I would strongly prefer the Sugar environment to behave more
like Android, where any app/activity that is in the bg may get an
instruction from the shell / OS to cleanup and exit.

Do you have any other end-user use cases that have Ctrl-Alt-Erase as a
solution?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions