[OLPC New Zealand] XO 1.75 B1 build 11.3.1 testing

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 05:15:03 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 10:02:08PM +1300, Tom Parker wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 11:07 +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 08:58:17PM +1300, Tom Parker wrote:
> > > I have noticed "sudo halt" does not halt the machine -- the screen goes
> > > blank and the power led stays green. Holding down the power button
> > > causes it to shut down with the normal flashing after the delay.
> >
> > That's what "halt" is supposed to do.  You may be familiar with "halt"
> > on buggy platforms that also turns the power off.  ;-)
>
> Shouldn't it drop back to the firmware then? I think my vax did that,
> but it's been a long time.

Yes, my VAXstation 4000/VLC did that, I was just looking at it this
evening, to figure out the specs of the power supply in case I might
re-use it.

I would like the XO to drop back to firmware or power off in response to
halt.  I don't plan to change this myself though.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/