[OLPC Engineering] [Techteam] New F14-arm build os40 - Almost in sync with x86!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:05:03 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 23 2011, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
>> At this point (with my limited knowledge) I don't believe o-o-b uses
>> the Wiki at all. It just looks straight at activities.sugarlabs.org
>> for the latest experimental activities compatible with Sugar 0.92.
>>
>> See the [sugarlabs_activities] section of http://dev.laptop.org/git/
>> projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/examples/f14-xo1.5.ini , which the git
>> changelog says currently is the initial 11.3.0 XO-1.5 configuration.
>>
>> The 11.2.0 INI examples in the same directory have an example of a
>> [sugar_activity_group] section being used, but the 11.3.0 config does
>> not have one yet as it is not frozen.
>
> Oh, you're right -- we only use the wiki page once we want manual control
> of all of the activity versions.  So "sugarlabs_activities" is used
> during development, and "sugar_activity_group" is used when frozen.
>
> So the question is "Since our config enables sugarlabs_activities, how
> come we didn't get the latest versions of all of the activities?".
>
> Peter, it looks like one of your commits changed this a few days ago.
> See:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/commit/?h=f14-arm&id=d8d4cd017fde62ffbb7f83d0407722fed7ad5882
>
> Which removed the [sugarlabs_activities] config definitions from
> examples/f14-arm.ini, even though it left the module itself enabled.
> (Without those definitions, the sugarlabs_activities code isn't going
> to do anything.)

Thanks for all the information.

It was due to the request to "have the same list of Activities as
11.2", it seems i need to do some more so it pulls in the latest
versions of that list. I'll look at it this week so we can have it
fixed for the next build.

This is why SOPs are good. I think there was half a dozen or so
replies (both on list and IRC) as to what people though the procedure
was. If there was a group of OOB SOPs for both Stable and Dev releases
it would all be nicely documented somewhere central :-)

Peter