[Techteam] New F14-arm build os40 - Almost in sync with x86!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:40:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> SOPs covering the basics are always useful though, being "dynamic" is
>> a cop out excuse IMO and SOPs help for when people get eaten by
>> raptors.
>
> I can't find what you say documented anywhere ;-)
>
> Peter -- stop for a second and think with me. This isn't a standard
> anything: we are transitioning to a new arch, using Fedora as a base
> which has been somewhat unpredictable and rather messy. We don't plan
> to switch arches again soon.

I'm referring to things like how to pick which activities are used by
OOB, a new arch has nothing to do with that what so ever.

> We had F13, with odd differences and gaps between our 2 SOP builds
> (f11, f14); we had early f14 builds with all sorts of ad hoc fixes ot
> get them to go. Horrid you say? Well, it's helped us have as current
> an OS as possible, which helped us be where we are.

Again not referring to upstream OS stuff but OOB processes which
should make no difference if its a mainline release, a rawhide release
or a build using any other arch.

> The SOP begins when we can sync with 11.3.0 build procedures, and I
> look forward to sorting that out with you and dsd. In the meantime,
> please work with Gonzalo, I guess configuring the OOB plugin that
> pulls directly from ASLO.

SOP should be for things like "how do I specific which Activities are
included in a particular release".... that is what I'm referring to.
That is a SOP because the process is standard whether its a stable
release or a dev one, the x86 platform or ARM. So if you want to be
specific show me the x86 SOP for the 11.2 release for specifying the
Activities included in the release. From there I would be able to work
out how to do the same for 11.3.x dev releases for ARM :-)

Peter