[Techteam] New F14-arm build os40 - Almost in sync with x86!

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Tue Aug 23 08:30:27 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> SOPs covering the basics are always useful though, being "dynamic" is
> a cop out excuse IMO and SOPs help for when people get eaten by
> raptors.

I can't find what you say documented anywhere ;-)

Peter -- stop for a second and think with me. This isn't a standard
anything: we are transitioning to a new arch, using Fedora as a base
which has been somewhat unpredictable and rather messy. We don't plan
to switch arches again soon.

We had F13, with odd differences and gaps between our 2 SOP builds
(f11, f14); we had early f14 builds with all sorts of ad hoc fixes ot
get them to go. Horrid you say? Well, it's helped us have as current
an OS as possible, which helped us be where we are.

The SOP begins when we can sync with 11.3.0 build procedures, and I
look forward to sorting that out with you and dsd. In the meantime,
please work with Gonzalo, I guess configuring the OOB plugin that
pulls directly from ASLO.

cheers,

 - ask interesting questions