Removing linux-firmware from the build [Devel Digest, Vol 65, Issue 52]

Daniel Drake dsd at
Tue Aug 2 11:00:29 EDT 2011

On 2 August 2011 15:35, Yioryos Asprobounitis <mavrothal at> wrote:
> I'm sure I can jump some more ropes to make the case on a fresh os1 vs a fresh os874, but I do not see any reason.

The reason is that df is known to not produce good results on jffs2
nor on ubifs (but ubifs is supposedely much more truthful). Looking at
those numbers is not a good basis for saying "something is wrong". The
only test that makes sense is looking at how much data can be stored
in total - preferably even looking at the same data over each fs (i.e.
not using /dev/urandom).