11.2.0 development build 14 released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Apr 27 18:34:03 EDT 2011

Scott/Michael,

On 20 March 2011 22:26, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> You might also try just using python's implementation of tar (the
> 'tarfile' module), which can probably be hacked to support rsync's
> --fake-super as well.  Might kill two birds that way.  Although I'm
> sure that fixing fakeroot will benefit more people.
>  --scott

I've been looking at making fakeroot catch openat() and open(),
getting towards something that works, but then I just noticed where in
"man fakeroot" it describes this exact situation and provides
justification for why fakeroot doesn't try to catch this case. Would
you mind having a look and seeing what you think?

Thanks,
Daniel