XO won`t suspend sometimes

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Apr 27 10:11:16 EDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 03:06 PM, Matías Poloni wrote:

> I'm working with the XO 1.0 with the 802 image (i've found this image the most accurate one for my project).

Power management in general is much better in the newer builds.  I
encourage you to use 860 rather than 802.  What is it in 802 that you
need thats not in 860?  With 10.1.3 (860) powerd manages suspend and
resume and its very configurable.

> It's very important for this project that the XO goes to sleep without
> any problem because it will be working for a long time (almost a month
> or even more) without user intervention. And it's important to use
> pm-suspend because I use the pm-utils hooks to run some scripts after
> resume.

What sort of power source do you have?  The XO battery won't last that
long in suspend.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child