Bash scripts

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:39:05 EDT 2011

Sascha:

The file system actually had no bearing on the issue I was having, whether
ext2, ext3, or FAT32, the symptoms were identical - recent versions of
udisks now does not allow 'direct' execution of scripts from auto-mounted
removable media.

Also, there is some debate as to whether putting a journalling fs onto an SD
or USB drive is wise, as it might half its life by in essence doubling the
number of writes.  In general,  I tend to stick with the factory default
unless I need multiple partitions, symbolic link, or specific linux-swap
support, since I presume the manufacturer has formatted it with the right
number of blocks, units, etc to best match their controller/memory config.
If I need those, I will still use ext2.  Call me optimistic :-)

Cheers,

KG