The next four weeks

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:18:14 EDT 2011

2011/4/5 NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu>:

>>> What is a Portfolio?
>>
>> http://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/features/mi08012002.html
>>
>> -walter
>>

> Thanks!
> So it seems that the portfolio is the (maybe child selected) subset of the
> Journal. Am I right?
> How is it addressed in the current Sugar implementation? If it is not then
> is there a "specification" of it somewhere?
> What my real question is how is it different from a children owned web page,
> or a "publish at facebook" button?
>
>From a technical POV, no difference. From the POV of the learner,
there are workflow and structural affordances we want to support. E.g,
We want the kids to ask themselves: What, How, Why, For whom... We
want to support the idea of selection, reflection... lots of details
that we have a placeholder for, but not enough scaffolding for.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs