The next four weeks

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Apr 5 09:03:15 EDT 2011

Thanks for your links to the mailing list threads.  That's handy to
have at my fingertips.

I agree that the activities are key.  "Transparent" compatibility is
probably impossible, but I hope that porting the activities will not
be too hard.  Minimizing unnecessary API changes and writing a good
porting guide should go far.

The Journal and Portfolio are really important part of Walter's vision
of Sugar.  They will be "system services", with strong enough
modularization to allow multiple competing implementations.  I know
how that will work in web/nativeclient model.  I'm not certain how
that works on Android yet; hopefully by the end of this week I'll have
some better ideas.
  --scott