OLPC-OS-Builder

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Sep 24 09:00:16 EDT 2010

On 24 September 2010 13:01, Hellânio Costa <hellanio at virtual.ufc.br> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm having a problem when working with them olpc-builder, because it returns
> the following error:
>
> os19: 71283/131072 files (0.9% non-contiguous), 386289/524288 blocks
>  * Running part mountfs base mountfs.50.mount.sh...
> Mounting intermediate filesystem image...
>  * Running part preimage base preimage.90.core.sh...
> Normalize file times...
> touch: configurando horário de "/var/tmp/olpc-os-builder/mnt-fs/dev/fd":
> Permissão negada

This error can be ignored

> Compiling python bytecode...
>  * Caught error, cleanup and then bail out.

This usually means that there is some python file in your image that
is failing to compile (syntax errors or something).
Unfortunately the python compiler program logs both verbose regular
info and errors to stdout, and we discard stdout, so it's not
immediately obvious which file it is failing on.

It would be a good idea to post your build config and state your aims.

Daniel