Announcing the OLPC OS 10.1.2 final release!

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Tue Sep 21 16:07:48 EDT 2010

  It is more problematic than that.

1. When the Radio is checked (on) after boot I see the 3 mesh networks
and the XO-1 can see other access points.
2. When the Radio is unchecked (off) then I see neither mesh networks
nor other access points.
3. Setting on-off seems to work and the checkbox shows the correct setting.
4. However if I make it unchecked (off) and restart then after booting I
can see 3 mesh networks but no other access points. Closing and
reopening the laptop scans no access points (I do this because there is
a lack of 'rescan' button anywhere). If I manually switch the radio off
then on it starts to work.

So it seems that the disabled setting only disables the radio halfway on
boot and the control panel sees it as a working radio...