#10363 NORM 10.1.3: Auto-Suspend gets in the way when sharing over Salut

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:38:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> So the problem is that if you had to resync all state for each machine
> every time they wake up, you would use lots of bandwidth with the
(...)
> Another issue with this is that you not only want to resync presence,
> but shared activities also would need to resync their state.

Correct. My notes on the bug are probably unreadable -- it was late
last night, apologies.

What I mean to say is that we could

1 - explore the interaction between sleep timeouts and Salut resync
frequency for presence

2 - hack the Tubes/Telepathy stack to _prevent sleep_ while an actual
collaboration session is running

I think #1 needs to be done regardless, as it'll improve behaviour
even if/when we our networking/suspend issues sorted. And some of the
issues in network/suspend interaction won't be easy to resolve.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions