#10363 NORM 10.1.3: Auto-Suspend gets in the way when sharing over Salut

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Sep 16 13:06:31 EDT 2010

On 09/16/2010 05:05 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> So the problem is that if you had to resync all state for each machine
> every time they wake up, you would use lots of bandwidth with the
> power consumption associated, so much that it may not have been worth
> sleeping.

Hmmm... /me has questions about this.  Care to give me your breakdown of
what power you think you are using?

Going in to suspend saves approx 3-4 Watts.  Even if you only suspended
for 1 second generating enough WLAN traffic to use 3-4 watts _above_
what you are already using for idle.  I'm not sure that is what would
happen.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child