Bad interaction between sleep timeouts and Salut?

Martin Langhoff martin at
Thu Sep 16 10:35:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at> wrote:

> So Salut is an implementation of XEP-0174: Serverless Messaging:

Tomeu -- thanks for the exhaustive info.

> Assuming the problem is in the Avahi level, we should make sure that
> the system is coming out from suspend when the radio receives
> multicast activity directed to us so Avahi can properly update its

That is exactly the problem. It's taking forever-and-a-day to get that
sorted. Details at

So I am trying to prod things towards finding a workaround -- by
fiddling with timers related to presence service.

 martin at -- School Server Architect