reverse-deadkeys?

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:08:14 EDT 2010

I thought this is on purpose to be simpler for kids or something because
that's how you draw the letter with pencil (first a then ´).

Please note that this is also not real dead keys and causes other issues
because there are in fact two characters stored with this method. You
really have a and ´ stored as separate characters and the accent
character is from some special unicode range which says to overwrite
previously printed character.

This causes problem e.g. with Speak activity since it cannot speak
accented characters properly because they are not stored as such even if
it visually looks so. I was localizing Speak to Czech for my son and
have to remap dead keys to the usual non-reverse way to have Speak talk
in Czech properly.

Frantisek