Bad interaction between sleep timeouts and Salut?

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Wed Sep 15 20:04:25 EDT 2010

Hi Tomeu, list

I am curious -- what is the frequency of "presence broadcasts" when
Salut is used? Where is it set?

With current 10.1.2 using salut over ad-hoc the neighbourhood view
never stabilises, and it's very apparent that it's because nodes go to
sleep too quickly (before they see others, before they are seen). And
when awake, they take a long time to regain a good view of what's out
there.

If we can experiment with the timeouts (knowing where the knobs are)
maybe we can find out...

(Tomeu, I bother you because I suspect you'd know... hope it's not an
annoyance...)

 - ask interesting questions