Ubuntu on XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 13 03:20:11 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 05:05:44PM +0700, Yang Ha Nguyen wrote:
> No, I have not.  I don't have an XO to try, but according to what you
> have specified:

Ah, right, that's frustrating, because your comment is based on no
evidence of testing, and therefore I can't use it for refining my build.

> I don't think 814 MB (GUI) is considered to be lightweight, especially
> it runs GNOME; JVM or IceVM is much less resource hunger and has faster
> response.  With 256 MB memory of XO-1, Puppy should run quite well
> without even installing into XO's flash memory.

XO-1 is not relevant.  These builds are for XO-1.5, which has 1 GB of
RAM and 4 GB (usually) of microSD.  Given those specs, this build of
mine is far smaller than the Sugar and GNOME build that the unit is
shipped with.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/